As more families consider weekday outing “staycations”, they may visit local amusement parks for fresh air, fun, foods, and thrill rides.
Here is how your family can have fun and be safe too:
- Check the park’s general appearance, lighting, signage, and litter- all indicators of care.
- Look for adequate security and safety personnel.
- Know where first ad or EMT service can be obtained.
- Watch operators’ attention to rides.
- Observe the operation of rides your child wants to go on.
- Comply with age, height, or weight restrictions.
- Ride with youngsters.
- Buckle safety harness and restraints.
- Tell children to keep hands inside and hold on.
- Avoid loose-fitting clothing, especially baggy sleeves.